Hiring a contracted Speech – Language Pathologist
Start immediately! Work in private practise! Set your own hours! Use our office and our materials!
- We provide therapy from our offices in Quarry Park. We do provide some therapy to families through ZOOM.
- We focus primarily on school-aged children and do accept some children aged 4-5.
- Our clients are student who are demonstrating difficulty with speech, reading, writing, and spelling, OR are demonstrating language challenges that are predictive of difficulty with literacy development.
- We provide therapy to support development of speech, language, and literacy – we really focus on the development of reading, writing, and spelling from strong oral language foundations.
- We provide the clients. We do the client intake and communication. Our assistant does the scheduling. We do the invoicing and collect payment. We are responsible for records storage. We provide the offices for you to work from.
- We provide therapy goals, lesson plans, home programming materials, training, support, therapy materials, and resources. There is room and flexibility for you to creatively adapt lesson plans and integrate your own materials and strategies as you choose. All we ask is that you show up and provide direct therapy one-on-one to students!
We have availability for you to work from our offices Mon-Thurs from 3:00 – 9:00 pm. The offices are available on the weekend as well. You flexibly set your hours within the available office times!
What We Look For
Priority will be given to the candidate that most closely meets the following criteria:
- Experience working in a one-to-one therapy environment with school-aged children
- Strong background in phonetics and phonology and knowledge of IPA
- Experience with orthography and/or administration of therapy focused on decoding
- Certification or experience with Oro-Facial Myology
- Excellent communication and inter-personal skills
- Impeccable English pronunciation
- Strong spelling skills (or a willingness to address this skill area!)
- Alignment with our Core Values – Integrity, Authenticity, Connection, Contribution, Collaboration, and Creativity
The successful applicant must be registered or be eligible to be registered with the Alberta College of Speech-Language Pathologists and Audiologists (ACSLPA).
Please submit inquiries and resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org. Cover letters are optional if you want to elucidate your previous work experience!